What are TOYS?
A toy is a term primarily used to describe an object or device that helps facilitate sexual pleasure. The most popular sex toys usually resemble human genitals and these can either be vibrating or non-vibrating.
In BDSM, a “toy” usually refers to an apparatus or sex furniture.
The history of sex toys is often associated with Cleopatra. She is believed to be the first discoverer of the clitoral stimulator. She used a papyrus bag that is filled with live insects such as bees, flies, and ants to satisfy her desire for sexual pleasure.
One of the most popular toys used to satisfy sexual urges, the vibrator, first emerged as a medical tool in the 1880s. Its main purpose was to clinically treat women who suffered from hysteria. The success of the procedure relied mainly on reaching an orgasm.
Enhanced physical pleasure undeniably results in improved sexual enjoyment. Even though the effects of toys may differ, the reasons why individuals or couples opt for these toys are because of excitement and exploration. Some have mentioned that using toys for sexual pleasure keeps things fresh between them. But most of all, employing toys helps with reaching orgasms.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Toys for sexual pleasure are available in all kinds and flavors.
- Using these toys is all about fun and pleasure.
- Toys are available in most countries and for both males and females.
- In the United States, toys and lubricants are widely available in all major commercial outlets.
- Sex shops commonly sell toys for sexual satisfaction, but they can also be found in pharmacy stores, head shops, and stores that sell pornographic DVDs.
- There are no safety regulations that exist when it comes to toys for sexual contentment because these are usually sold as novelty items. Therefore, owners are advised to take precautions before using these toys.
- Anyone who plans to use a toy should check for cracks and rough seams that could cause harm to the vagina and the anus.
Related Practices and Fetishes
A popular type of toy for sexual satisfaction between men and women are those that aim for erotic electrostimulation.
Erotic electrostimulation is an act that uses electricity for sexual stimulation. Electrostimulation can be dated back in the mid-1700s wherein medical transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) machines have become widely available. The machine stimulates the nerve endings by using electricity that sends stimulation signals to the brain. Erotic stimulation works in the same way. Once the brain receives stimulation signals from the genitals, an individual releases pleasure hormones.