What is a “Sex Sling”?
Sex Sling or sex swings are a common piece of sex or BDSM furniture. The submissive or bottom sits in the sling while the Dom or Top plays with or penetrates them. Depending on the design they can be mounted on a ceiling, trestle, or door frame.
Sex swings have taken and continue to take many different styles and designs since their inception. Despite their variance in design, they all function in a similar way. They include:
- A fixed point or points where they attach to a sturdy frame above the user. This can be a support beam on the ceiling or a trestle or many come with attachments for a door frame. Some sex slings come with a frame with floor supports, much like a hammock.
- Straps and a seat in which the submissive or person taking the bottom role is placed. There are often stirrups or multiple straps for the feet, legs, arms, and hands so that the person inside can assume many positions.
Sex swings can be made out of many different kinds of material. Due to their need to bear the weight they are usually made out of combinations of nylon, leather, chain, and rope. When used for BDSM, submissives can be locked or otherwise bound into the sling itself. The free-floating nature of the sling allows for easy access to the genitals or mouth, depending on the desires of the Dom or type of play.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
When setting up a sex sling there are a number of things that need to be taken into consideration. Such as:
- Having a strong support beam or doorway in which to mount the sling on.
- The weight of the people or persons that will be placed in the sling.
- What types of play will be done while using the sling.
If the support structure or sling is not rated for a particular weight, it may collapse during use injuring both parties. If there will be excessive movement during play this could cause the sling to slip from its mount or the user slipping out of the straps. In rare cases, if a strap slips accidentally it could cause choking or loss of blood flow to a limb.
Related Practices and Fetishes
Just like a sex sling, sex furniture is a special type of furniture that can be used during sexual intercourse if sexual partners want comfortable positioning. Common or simple ones can be sex wedges, queening stools, and bondage beds or chairs.