What is Salirophilia?
Salirophilia is a paraphilic sexual fetish in which an individual soils or dishevels the object of their desire.
The destruction of what is considered to be a beautiful or perfect state is the primary desire. It is a common theme in Wet & Messy play and may also be an underlying desire of many Doms as they work on a submissive during a scene.
Salirophilia & BDSM
People with Salirophilia may get aroused by fantasizing or actually dirtying or destroying a normally attractive person or object. The primary purpose of Salirophiles is to modify the appearance of the object of their desire. People who are the subject of physical degradation may get aroused from the feeling of helplessness while those who soil or dishevel the subject experience pleasure by the thought of destroying something that is attractive or the feeling of being in control or power.
Salirophilia may manifest in different ways. Some Salirophiles experience pleasure through ‘facepainting’—the practice of masturbating and ejaculating on a photo of a popular person. Others may enjoy defacing or destroying statues or pictures of attractive people. Salirophiles may also get aroused while watching a ‘tribute’—a video of an individual ejaculating on a picture of someone.
In some situations, Dom’s may take pleasure in ‘destroying’ a submissive. This can be achieved through various means such as ruining makeup, wax play, wet & messy sessions, and more. Other ways involve leaving physical marks on a submissive’s body parts through spanking, caning, or other impact play. These marks are then caused for them to hide their bodies when they would normally display them.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- The practice of Salirophilia is more focused on humiliation rather than physical pain.
- Common practices in Salirophilia involve covering or smearing the subject with mud, dirt, paint, fluids and other substances that can dirty the subject.
- It may also involve tearing the clothes of the subject or forcing the subject to wear dirty, torn clothes.
- Although it can be relatively safe, some variations carry health risks. Omoroshi, or the practice of preventing someone from urinating, can lead to serious kidney and bladder complications.
- Urolagnia, or urinating on someone, can be a vector of bacterial transfer and infection. Like most BDSM practices, Salirophilia is done with the consent of all the parties involved.
- All parties should discuss a set of rules and limits, as well as a safeword or action, before engaging in the activity.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Wet & Messy play where a submissive or bottom is covered in fluids or a substance is a common type of Salirophilic play. Bukkake, or receiving multiple facial cumshots from partners, is also a type of fetish many Salirophiles are attracted to.