What is Rough Sex?
Rough sex is a type of strenuous sexual activity for people who get sexually stimulated and aroused by pain. Individuals who are into rough sex are not really into vanilla sex or kinky sex.
The desire for some rough sex is not something new in the BDSM community. Rough sex can simply involve biting, carrying the sexual partner to the bed, or holding him/her down using one’s body weight. BDSM practitioners tend to engage in more intense rough sexual activities such as spanking and bondage.
There are several reasons why both men and women might be into rough sex. Some of the well-known reasons are the elements of surprise and power.
One of the main reasons for the preference for rough sex is the element of surprise, which turns dopamine receptors on resulting in heightened sexual pleasure. These unexpected experiences keep the relationship fresh and exciting.
Another obvious reason is power. The dominant in the BDSM relationship can freely take and do whatever he/she wants from the submissive partner. For the submissive, on the other hand, as his/her dominant uses more strength, he/she is turned on even more. During rough sex, the more powerful the dominant gets and feels, the hotter the sexual intercourse becomes.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Just all other sexual plays and activities in the BDSM community, there are some things that should be taken into consideration to ensure the safety of both the dominant and the submissive.
- Anyone who plans to engage in rough sex should negotiate.
- It should be remembered that it can be very risky and the risks should be minimized before even starting.
- The individual should negotiate the terms to ensure that he/she would not be going through painful consequences.
- One more thing to keep in mind is the tool or sex toys that will be used during the play.
- Both sexual partners should understand how to use such devices to ensure sexual pleasure and avoid accidents.
Related Practices and Fetishes
Kinky sex is any sexual activity that involves bizarre and unconventional acts. This is believed to fall outside the realm of either acts that are considered vanilla sex or acts that are seen as conventional sexual behavior.
In the BDSM lifestyle, kinky sex can involve the use of sex toys, fetishism, and role-playing.