What is Robot Fetish?
Robot Fetish, or also known as Robotism, ASFR, and technosexuality, is a form of sexual fetish that involves the use or presence of humanoid or non-humanoid robots for sexual arousal and gratification. It is often considered as an extension or subtype of Agalmatophilia or Mechanophilia.
The term ASFR is derived from the initials of a now-defunct Usenet newsgroup called ‘alt.sex.fetish.robot.’ Robot Fetishists also call themselves ‘ASFRians’ or ‘technosexuals’. There are two types of ASFRians, and they differ from each other on their kind of fantasy. The first type is known as ‘built’ and they gain sexual arousal by fantasizing a ready-made android that can be used for sex or companionship. The other type is called ‘transformation’ and they get aroused by the thought of transforming others into robots.
Role-playing with robot themes sometimes involves a BDSM dynamic. The one being transformed into a robot can be the dominant or the submissive in the play. The thought of an Artificial Intelligence imposing its will on humans can be a great source of sexual arousal for some people with Robotism. The feeling of having something that is programmed to serve and please its owner can give sexual pleasure to ASFRians.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Robot Fetishism is relatively safe, as long as it does not disrupt or intervene with daily routines or activities.
- There are a lot of companies dedicated to the development of sex robots.
- Technosexuals can only fantasize about having sex with a robot or having their partner role-play as one.
- Robot role-plays should be performed with the consent of all parties involved.
- If done in a BDSM setting, the dominant and the submissive should know their roles and establish a set of rules and limits before starting the play.
- Safewords and actions should also be used in case of an emergency.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Statuephilia or Agalmatophilia is the fetish of one partner becoming a statue and otherwise immobile. Lifelike sex dolls are advancing in both technology and appearance and often appeal to the robot or android fetishists.