What is Reverse Prayer Position?
The Reverse Prayer Position (Reverse Prayer Bondage Position) is a bondage technique used in BDSM. In this position, the arms of one player are placed behind the back with palms facing together and hands touching. The arms are then bound together, portraying what appears to be a mirror reflection imagery of the traditional prayer position.
Origin & Style
Due to the positioning of the hands and arms, the Reverse Prayer Position is considered an advanced technique in BDSM. It could be that this particular position is based on an existing position done in yoga. The position is referred to as paschima namakarasana. The objective of this position in yoga is to help broaden the practitioner’s back while stretching their shoulders and pectoral muscles.
A more extreme variation of this bondage type requires that the elbows touch. When this happens, the Reverse Prayer becomes elbow-type bondage. Although the majority of players are able to make their elbows meet slightly, not everyone can make their elbows touch completely. Having one’s elbows touch during the Reverse Prayer can also lead to shoulder dislocation of the players are not careful.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- When performing the Reverse Prayer Position, the arms are placed behind the back while the hands are pulled up to meet in an upward position.
- The arms, wrists, and hands of the sub are bound and a combination of bondage techniques can be done to secure the said position.
- Among the types of binds suitable for Reverse Prayer include leather straps and ropes.
- Many find this position painful after a time, and cramps may set in.
- The person bound in this position may need careful monitoring.
- Stretching is recommended prior to attempting this position.
- Should the submissive feel extreme pain or numbness, they should be released immediately.