What is “Nose Hook”?
A nose hook is a piece of BDSM gear that attaches to the nostrils and pulls them back or apart. The hooks are placed in the nostrils and then cords or straps are pulled behind the head and attached to a fixed point or collar to maintain the position.
Nose hooks are a type of BDSM accessory or bondage gear used on submissives. Metal or plastic hooks are placed inside the nostril and then pulled taught over the cheeks or head. This enlarges the nostrils, distorts the face, and causes discomfort for the wearer.
After being put in place, nose hooks can be affixed in numerous ways for various types of play or results.
- Collar – many nose hooks, once pulled tight, are attached to a collar on the back of the neck. This allows the wearer to move freely but still wear the hooks.
- Fixed Point – nose hooks can be attached to a fixed point on a bondage frame or cross. This highly restricts head movement and can be painful if the wearer moves their head too much.
- Rope Bondage – nose hooks can be included in and attached to rope bondage, tying the straps behind one’s head to bonds or a harness.
- Butt Plug – in some cases nose hooks can be attached to a butt plug, creating tension.
Nose hooks can be used for various reasons. They can humiliate the wearer in front of their Dom with their nostrils distorted and enlarged. They can be an uncomfortable punishment if a sub is disobedient. Finally, they can be a part of pet or animal transformation play, most commonly in piggy role play.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- The use of nose hooks does come with many risks.
- The main ones are muscle pain and fatigue if they’re worn too long, or nostril tearing.
- If extreme discomfort sets in, nostril hooks should be removed immediately.
- Due to the inside of the nose being a sensitive mucous membrane, hooks should be cleaned between uses to avoid any unwanted bacteria transfer.
Related Practices & Fetishes
Nose torture is a BDSM play introduced by the Japanese. This practice is also called nose bondage. Pig or piggy play commonly uses nose hooks to make the wearer have a more forward-facing, piglike nose.