What is Handcuffing?
Handcuffing is a BDSM practice in which the submissive hands are bound together or to other objects using handcuffs. It is mostly used in Master/slave relationships and Sadomasochistic plays.
People with unusual fascination or sexual attraction to handcuffs are known to have Handcuff Fetishism. This type of fetishist can get aroused by fantasizing or actually getting handcuffed. They can also experience heighten sexual desire when they see other people in handcuffs.
Handcuffs have become a symbol of submission in BDSM plays. It often portrays ownership and discipline. Limited movement can give the submissive feelings of helplessness and dependency. These feelings can serve as emotional stimuli that can heighten sexual arousal. The dominant partner may be aroused by the thought of being in control or having power over someone.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Handcuffing is an essential part of most BDSM play and role-plays.
- It is often used to assert power or show dominance over the submissive.
- Handcuffs are also present in law enforcement role-plays.
- There are different types of Handcuffs, from the typical police-issued one to more stimulating leather handcuffs.
- There is nothing unlawful about owning handcuffs. However, some countries consider them as a weapon.
- Carrying them on your person in public places is also risky because it can be constituted as impersonating a police officer.
- The practice of handcuffing must be done together with a consensual partner.
- Common injuries associated with handcuffs include bruising and skin tear.
- Handcuffs that are too tight may restrict the flow of blood leading to numbness and tingling sensation in the affected area.
- It is important to keep the key on hand in case the submissive needs to be released immediately.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Handcuffing is often considered as the foundation of BDSM practice. It can be incorporated with almost all forms of Bondage and Torture techniques. Hand fetishists and Gloves fetishists may also get a kick out of handcuffing if done in specific conditions.