What Is a “Gape/Gaping Asshole/Anal Gape”?
A gape in the asshole or “anal gape” is the appearance of the anus right after sexual intercourse. Penetrating the asshole with a penis or anal sex toys leaves the hole and sphincter stretched out and a little wider than usual. The shape may resemble a gaping mouth, which is where the term comes from.
The Psychology Behind Anal Gaping
An anal gape is more likely to be achieved through successive and consistent anal penetration. Anal gapes can be present in people of all genders engaging in anal sex.
Anal gaping is considered appealing to some and is often fetishized. For some men, seeing a gaping asshole on their partner after anal sex may boost their ego, as it serves as a confirmation of the large size of their penis. For female dominatrix’s, gaping a partner’s asshole (of either gender) with their toy or strap on is a sign of dominance.
A stretched asshole likewise contributes to easier penetration and less discomfort during anal sex. The opening of the anus is made wider, accommodating larger sized-penises and sex toys and ease consecutive strokes. Over time and with repetition, anal penetration generally becomes easier for the bottom. While it can occur naturally, it often requires a spreading of the legs and buttocks.
Dos and Don’ts
- Creating a gape or producing a gaping asshole takes time.
- Do not rush the process, or else it could cause serious injuries.
- For first timers, taking things slowly and carefully helps lessening pain for the penetrated partner.
- Not all anuses will have the same reaction to penetration. Some assholes might be too small to accommodate bigger penises.
- Applying lubricant on the penis and on the sex toys makes penetration easier and is necessary.
- Anal penetration works best when the penetrated partner is relaxed and aroused.
- If either partner feels unsure or scared, it is best to not continue with anal sex.
- Feeling of nervousness and fear may cause an adrenaline rush. The adrenaline rush can increase blood circulation and constrict the ass sphincter.
Related Practices & Fetishes
Ass worship and large insertions are both often associated with anal gaping. There are numerous toys in medical fetishism that assist in gaping and dilating anal sphincters (such as butt plugs). Prolonged or advanced anal gapes can lead to anal prolapsing, which despite its medical risk is often fetishized.