What are “Forceps”?
Forceps are a type of medical device used for pinching and gripping. Forceps come in a variety of designs and sizes based on the anatomy they are intended to grip. In medical use, they can have a variety of applications. Used in BDSM they are most often found in medical play scenarios. They are most often used as a punishment and on nipples, labia, or lips.
Using Forceps in BDSM Scenarios & Styles
Forceps, like nipple clamps, are generally used for punishment and pain in a variety of scenes. Dominants apply the forceps to sensitive parts of the subs body. Depending on the style of clamp various accessories can be added. Things such as weights, a chain connecting multiple forceps, and even electrical current can add to the sensations.
The most common forceps used in BDSM or medical fetish play are:
- Forester aka Sponge Forceps – Rounded head.
- Pennington Forceps – Triangulated head.
- Kelly aka Hemostat Forceps – Pincher style head.
Forceps come in two basic styles, slotted and non-slotted. The former indicating the forceps have interlocking metal teeth for additional grip. Many forceps also include a locking mechanism to maintain pressure once fingers have been removed.
People’s attraction to the use of forceps in play is similar to nipple clamps or clothespins. Forceps have slightly more versatility and can also be used on the labia, scrotum, lips, or other similarly fleshy parts of the body. The pain and pressure can be used as a punishment or it can heighten sensation and result in pleasure as well. Using forceps, as opposed to nipple clamps, also adds to the more medical fetish side of BDSM play. The sterility and or intended purpose may appeal to either the Dom or sub.
Dos, Dont’s & Tips
- Like any toy that pinches or applies pressure, extended use is not recommended.
- This can cause loss of blood flow, nerve damage, and break the skin.
- Testing the pressure and sensation of forceps on different body parts prior to use is also advised so as not to break the flow of a scene.
- Accidental injury or non-enjoyable discomfort can occur with unpracticed use.
Medical fetishism is the most common scenario for forceps use. They are also commonly used in breast and vaginal torture. They can be applied to outer labia and nipples with ease. Using them on the lips or tongue is also an effective way to inspire drooling and render a submissive speechless.