What is Foot Worship?
Foot Worship is a kind of foot fetishism wherein one person worships another’s feet. This kind of worship can take many different forms: touching, caressing, feet pampering, purchasing of footwear and jewelry, or verbal praise. Foot worshipping can exist as an activity on its own or as part of BDSM and D/s dynamics.
Foot worship has been a part of human interaction throughout history. It began as a way to show submission or supplication in the face of someone royal or powerful. Literature is full of examples of people bowing down to someone and placing themselves at their feet. This submission can include kissing or kneeling at their feet.
This kind of submission translates perfectly to both BDSM and foot fetishism. Foot worship can be at the request or desire of a submissive or at the command of a Dom. Foot fetishists looking to worship feet may or may not need to do it in a D/s scenario. Likewise, a submissive may not have a fetish for worshipping feet but may do it at the command of a Dom. Doms who command foot worship may not find their feet particularly attractive but enjoy when a submissive worships a lowly and dirty part of them.
Foot worship can be done with or without footwear involved. Many Doms prefer to include high heels or boots in worship so that the submissive does not have access to their skin. Many times this can be combined with boot and heel worship, or bootlicking by a submissive. Subs may be forced to worship a foot as it is pressed onto their face or body or place it in their mouth or other orifices. The one whose feet are worshipped may enjoy them being touched or verbally admired. Foot worship details are often constructed during negotiations between the worshipper and worshiped.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Foot Worship can also be a form of Erotic Humiliation.
- Worshipping feet only may suggest that the worshipper is only worthy of touching or interacting with because of their feet.
- Foot Worshiping can be part of humiliation and degradation of a submissive.
- Some may find emotional, mental, and psychological shaming arousing, especially those with masochistic ideation.
- Simple forms of Foot Worship are relatively safe.
- It is important to make sure that the feet are clean before licking, sucking, or kissing them.
- Extreme forms may lead to injury if done improperly.
- If foot worship is done as a part of Cock and Ball Torture [CBT] or trampling, it could lead to potential injury.
- Proper hygiene should be maintained during all kinds of foot play, though some prefer a foot to be dirty or odorous as a part of their fetish.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Boot worship and high heel worship are subsets of foot worship that focus on the footwear. Some aspects of foot worship have to do with the smell of feet and contain aspects of odor fetishism. Some people prefer feet in nylons, pantyhose, or even certain types of socks.