What is “Face Slapping”?
Face slapping is one of the most common humiliating acts featured in media of all kinds. It shows disrespect to the person being slapped and can be quite humiliating. This kind of punishment translates well to BDSM play due to power dynamics and psychological implications.
Outside the context of BDSM, slapping one’s partner can be automatically regarded as a form of abuse. However, for masochists, subs, and slaves the effect of being slapped is desired and arousing action. This is because the slapping is done not as a manifestation of anger, but rather, as a reinforcement of the master’s authority over their slave. It can be done directly as a punishment or as something both parties enjoy and consent to.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- You can face slap can with bare hands, a glove, or a similar soft fabric.
- Wearing any type of accessory or band around the finger, hand, or wrist may leave serious injuries on the face of the partner being slapped.
- Using the different parts of the hand achieves varying intensities of physical impact.
- Hitting the area between the jawbones and the cheek is the safest. This particular area has more fat, and thus provides more cushioning against the impact.
- For better control, keep the wrist loose and avoid resorting to backhanded methods of slapping.
- There are many parts of the face that can be injured during a slap. Care should be taken to stick to safe zones and not to slap too hard.
Related Practices & Fetishes
The Danza slap is a variant of face slapping when a Dom slaps the face with their penis or a strap on. Face slapping is corporal punishment and part of impact play.