What is Erotographomania?
Erotographomania, a subset of graphomania, involves a fascination with/or strong attraction to erotic or pornographic kinds of literature.
There are different ways of how Erotographomania manifests itself. Some people are aroused by reading pornographic or erotic literature. Sexual pleasure can be achieved by writing love letters or erotic literature. Some Erotographomaniacs are only able to achieve arousal or climax by reading or writing this kind of material.
Any behavior can develop into an addiction if it is repeated, reinforced, or rewarded. Erotographomania fetishists may experience some kind of a dream-like trance when they write love letters or literature. This trance-like sensation they felt may become the cause of their addiction. For some, the feeling of being in trance may relate to or translate to sexual arousal.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- There is no inherent danger to having a fetish for erotic writing. However, it may diminish the enjoyment of real-world physical contact with others.
- Much like overuse of sex toys during masturbation, relying solely on writing for sexual gratification may make it difficult to reach climax with a partner.
- The process of writing love letters can become a form of erotic exercise.
- In order to write love letters and/or poems, one needs to tap into the inner workings of their feelings and emotions. It can become a form of meditation and self-reflection.
- There is also the element of anxiety and excitement.
- Thinking about the possible reaction of the recipient and their possible reply may induce an unusual feeling of excitement.
- Like any fetish that becomes an addiction, professional help from a therapist or sexual psychologist should be sought.
- Though Erotographomania is not likely to cause any troubles in one’s personal life unless it begins to interfere with other basic life functions.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Role-playing and the writing out of role-playing scenarios may be appealing to erotographomaniacs.