What Is “Clothing Fetish”?
Clothing or garment fetish is a fetishism that involves a sexual attraction to a specific article or type of clothing, a particular type of uniform, or a fashion trend. The sexual arousal can be caused by the piece of clothing itself or because of the person wearing the clothes during a role-play scenario.
There are different ways for clothing fetishists to experience arousal. Some may feel aroused when seeing or imagining clothes or specific items, while others feel sexual pleasure in actually wearing a specific item. There are also clothing fetishists who derive their sexual pleasure from collecting fetishized and used garments.
The most popular articles of clothing among garment fetishists are shoes, socks, stockings, uniforms, underwear, bikinis, and specialized BDSM suits. Female clothing fetishists usually experience erotic arousal whenever they feel their fabric or clothing of choice rub against their skin. This is because their arousal often depends on the type of fabric. It can manifest in many different ways and the original stimulus for this type of fetish varies widely.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
Different types of clothing play different roles in BDSM practices.
- Materials like leather, latex, and PVC are often fetishized.
- Corsets and harnesses are worn as a type of bondage item.
- Boots are commonly donned by Doms and cleaned by their subs, and fishnets are paired with lingerie to enhance the seductive appeal of the wearer.
- Articles of clothing that restrict movement or modify the body of the wearer are also popular among clothing fetishists. Examples of these garments include corsets, leather cuffs, and hobble skirts.
- Clothing fetish can be relatively safe. There are several options to choose from, and it all boils down to the fetishist’s fabric or material of choice.
- When using corsets, it is important not to tie the laces too tightly to avoid possible loss of blood flow or asphyxiation.
Related Fetishes and Practices
The leather subculture heavily fetishizes leather garments. Latex and rubber fetishists are also a large and common BDSM group.