What is C2C or Cam2Cam?
C2C or Cam2Cam refers to when both people use a webcam and are able to see and interact with each other. Though C2C does apply to non-sexual video chatting as well, the term was coined by the live sex webcam industry. Streaming Cam2Cam allows one person to show off for another and see their reaction, or for both people to watch and engage in sexual activity.
The term C2C or Cam2Cam gained popularity in the early 2000s, as both webcam technology improved and internet bandwidth increased. The ability to upload one’s stream and download another’s at the same time allowed for the evolution in video chatting. This evolution was spearheaded by the mainstream video webchat industry but was quickly adopted for sexual purposes.
Going C2C with a webcam performer can be done for various reasons. Here are some of the most common ones:
- A performer may want to see their audience and their reaction to what they’re doing in real-time.
- During a cam session, a performer may wish to give Jerk Off Instructions and see that they obey. This can be in a D/s scenario or a more vanilla context.
- The customer may be sexually gratified from being watched during masturbation.
- For webcam performers who are also Doms, they may wish to see that a submissive is behaved and doing as instructed. If not, they may cease to perform or end the webcam session altogether.
Whiplr Playground has built-in C2C features that allow Doms, subs, and those who enjoy fetishes of the same nature communicate in real-time. Whether a ProDom, professional performer, or simply community members who share like interests, Whiplr Playground provides you a platform to explore all types of sexual activity. Getting to know a Dom or sub through C2C can help establish a safe foundation of communication and trust.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- Prior to engaging in a paid Cam2Cam session, both parties should communicate what they expect from the session.
- Rules should be agreed upon.
- Do not expose genitals if the other does not wish or agrees to see it.
- Ethics dictates that C2C sessions should not be recorded unless the express consent of both parties has been given.
- Recorded Cam2Cam sessions should never be uploaded on the internet without consent.