What is Begging?
Begging is a BDSM practice in which the submissive desperately pleads the dominant for something. The sub can beg verbally or portray it in an action.
The practice of Begging is common in BDSM scenes, as well as in vanilla sex play. Usually, It’s the submissive partner that begs the dominant partner. bribery, bargaining, or pleading all constitute begging. Physical begging may include kissing feet, crying, kneeling, or other postures that convey desperation.
Begging can be a form of Power Exchange and Punishment. A dominant can force the submissive to beg to assert their power and control. It is also possible that the dominant utilizes begging to mentally or psychologically punish the submissive. The dominant may get aroused by the feeling of having power and authority, while the submissive may experience arousal from the thought of being subjected to shame and humiliation.
Dos, Don’ts & Tips
- BDSM scenes involving begging commonly feature the dominant withholding something from the submissive.
- The submissive can be denied sexual gratification, use of the toilet, or movement.
- Begging is a reminder that the dominant already has ownership over the submissive’s body. The submissive should beg or ask the permission of the dominant before doing certain movements.
- Begging is a consensual practice.
- It can be spontaneous or planned. However, it is important that both the submissive and the dominant have a set of agreed-upon rules and limits, as well as safeword and safe action.
- If used together with bondage and torture, the dominant has the responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of the submissive.
- Always take into account the submissive’s mental, physical, emotional, and psychological limits.
- Perform Aftercare if there is any humiliation or degradation done during the scene.
Related Fetishes and Practices
BDSM practices that are related to begging include Dirty Talk, Public Humiliation, Orgasm Control, Body Worship, Degradation and Ego Reduction. Begging can be done by a sub to a Dom, or be a part of normal vanilla sexual fun.