What is Ass Worship?
Ass worship, associated with body worship, is defined as revering the buttocks of another person as extremely sexual, arousing, and/or thrilling. In the BDSM context, a submissive might worship their Dominant partner’s ass. Ass Worship does not necessarily involve sex. Most ass worshipers are content in seeing, smelling, touching, or performing oral sex on others’ buttocks.
Worshipping various body parts, for sexual and nonsexual reasons, has been a common practice throughout history. Prehistoric statues often included overly exaggerated body parts, such as oversized breasts or buttocks. Scientists postulate that these cultures reverence of large breasts, buttocks, and bellies were indicative of health and fertility.
The practice of ass worship is more common in male/female scenes. In the context of BDSM, the submissive partner is usually the worshipper. The Dominant/submissive element of ass worship makes it a type of Power Exchange. The worshipper may feel sexually aroused by their dependence or overpowered by the dominant and the god-like worshiping of their ass.
The Dominant may choose to actively engage with their worshipers or ignore them. To engage and satisfy the sub, the Dominant might choose to perform facesitting and smothering. Facesitting is the practice in which the dominant, naked or not, sits butt-first on the submissive’s face. Smothering is the practice in which the ass covers the mouth and nose of the submissive. The worshipper is expected to please the dominant by licking, kissing, or smelling the Dom’s ass.
Dos and Don’ts
- Ass worship is relatively safe and healthy.
- Admiring the buttocks is common as it’s admired for its shape, tightness, texture or overall visual quality.
- However, the practice of Ass Worship in BDSM can involve some risk.
- Smothering can induce asphyxia, which can cause light-headedness, fainting, and in severe cases death.
- Ass Worship scenes should be done with the consent of all parties involved.
- A set of rules and limits, as well as the use of a safeword or safe-action, can decrease the risk of injuries and accidents.
- Some cultures consider looking at or ogling the buttock as perverse and unacceptable.
- It is important to practice discretion when ass worshiping in public places.
- There are countries that consider staring at the buttocks of others as a form of sexual harassment.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Ass Worship is common in D/s practices. It is also often used in Female Domination, Mistress/slave disciplining, and Sadomasochism scenes. It is also related to other forms of Partialism Fetish, including Foot Fetishism, Hand Fetishism, Fingernail Fetishism, and Hair Fetishism.