What is Anal Play?
Anal Play is a practice in which an individual uses stimulation of the anus or rectum for arousal or gratification. It can be practiced by any gender, role, and plays a part in sexuality from vanilla experimentation to full-blown fetishism. Anal Play includes fingering, licking, worshiping, and penetrating the anus.
The main areas of the body involved in an Anal Play are the anus, the sphincter, the anal canal, and the rectum. The anus, anal canal, and rectum are lined with many sensitive nerve endings that induce erotic pleasure.
The rectum is inside the anus. It is located near the prostate [on males] which is considered as the ‘p-spot’. Stimulation of the rectum can also stimulate the prostate, leading to more powerful arousal and climaxes for men. Anal penetration is not limited to a penis. Sex Toys such as dildos, vibrators, butt plugs and the like can also be inserted into the anus.
The use of anal play in BDSM and fetishism is a common theme throughout. Everyone experiences and is comfortable with anal play at varying levels. Anal play can be humiliating, sexually stimulating for a Dom or sub, or can be a part of worship or fetishization. The role anal plays in BDSM is largely up to a negotiation between the dominant and submissive. For fetishists they can be attracted to a great many things about anal play, from simple ass worship to fisting, and more extreme gaping or prolapses.
Dos and Don’ts
- Anal Play, while still considered as dirty and taboo by most, is relatively safe and common practice.
- Another common misconception about Anal Play is the possibility of making contact with feces. Fecal matter does not stay in the anal canal unless the individual really has to go to the bathroom.
- It is important to pay the bathroom a visit first to ensure that the anal canal and rectum are clear.
- Anal penetration and rimming can increase the risk of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- The use of condoms is strongly advised.
- The rectum does not produce its own lubrication even if stimulated. As such, the use of lubes is a must for easier and more pleasurable penetration.
- It is also advised to use a sex toy that has handle or strings. Rectal contractions are strong enough to suck objects up, leading to the need for serious medical attention.
Related Fetishes and Practices
Anal play covers all aspects of anal sex and touching. As such it can be a broad topic of discussion or engagement. Related acts are anal stretching, gaping, fisting, prostate milking, enema’s, and much more.