NOVEMBER is a great time to make large investment purchases for your home.
That’s because there are plenty of Black Friday home and garden deals to be had on everything from furniture and home accessories to appliances and tools – get organised now and make the most of the discounts.
*Remember, just because an item is in the sale, it doesn't mean you can't find the same product, or similar, elsewhere. Always shop around to make sure you're getting the best price.
- Shop homeware at John Lewis here
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday always falls on the day after the USA has its Thanksgiving holiday.
This year’s Thanksgiving celebrations are on November 26, so the famous Black Friday sales event will be on November 27, 2020.
But there’s also the opportunity to take advantage of retailer discounts before then, as many shops start slashing prices two weeks before the big day.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Black Friday and how to lay your hands on the best deals, take a look at our Black Friday explainer feature.
When is Cyber Monday 2020?
Cyber Monday falls on November 30, with most retailers participating so expect some extended discounts!
More Great Black Friday Deals
What Black Friday home and garden deals were available last year?
The home and garden sector is huge for retailers and there is so much variety and competition.
So as usual, there were some excellent discounts to be found on own-brand and big-name products.
These are just a few of the fantastic offers we found last year:
AO Black Friday deals
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, £279, saving £170 - buy here
- Shark Lift Away True Pet, £179, saving £90 - buy here
- Bosch Serie 6 Washing Machine, £379, saving £120 - buy here
- Ninja Soup Maker and Blender, £98, saving £51 - buy here
Amazon Black Friday deals
- Eufy Robot Vacuum Cleaner BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, £169, saving £120 - buy here
- Shark Anti-Allergen Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, £298, saving £201 - buy here
B&Q Black Friday deals
- Worx Landroid S300 Cordless Lithium Robotic Lawnmower, £398, saving £100 - buy here
- Lay-Z-Spa Hawaii 4-6 Person AirJet Hot Tub, £397, saving £100 - buy here
- Store it out midi Wood effect Plastic Garden storage box, £70, saving £15 - buy here
- Ring Pro Video doorbell with Chime Kit, £149, saving £80 - buy here
Currys PC World Black Friday deals
- Dyson V8 Cord-free Vacuum Cleaner, £299 saving £100 - buy here
- Huawei P30 Lite 128 GB, £229.99, saving £50 -buy here
- LG 55” Smart Ultra HD TV with Google Assistant, £1,099.00, saving £200 - buy here
- LG American Style Fridge Freezer, £849, saving £450 - buy here
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, £279, saving £220 - buy here
- Motorola G7 Plus 64GB, £199.99, saving £70 - buy here
- LG Wireless Soundbar with Dolby Atmos, £299.00, saving £300 - buy here
Furniture123 Black Friday deals
- Lotti Blue Velvet 2 Seater Sofa with 2 Cushions, £349.97, saving £150 - buy here
- Molly Pink Kids House Bed With Scalloped Roof, £214.97, saving £135 - buy here
- AmberGlo Curved Freestanding Electric Fire, £179.97, saving £70 - buy here
- Black High Gloss TV Unit with Soundbar Shelf & Storage, £199.97, saving £50 - buy here
- New Haven Set of 2 Dining Chairs in Dark Grey Fabric, £59.97, saving £40 - buy here
Which retailers will have the best Black Friday home and garden deals in 2020?
There are so many retailers that stock goods in this important category and nearly all of them will take part in this highly anticipated sale.
That means you will have loads of options, so it’s always worth shopping around to make sure you are getting the best price on whatever it is you’re after.
You’ll find the same big-name brands at many retailers and department stores discounted to varying degrees, so comparison is the name of the game.
These are just a few of the homes and gardens retailers’ Black Friday pages:
- Amazon - Black Friday page
- AO.com - Black Friday page
- Argos - Black Friday page
- B&Q - Black Friday page
- Currys PC World - Black Friday page
- Ebay - Black Friday page
- John Lewis - Black Friday page
- Homebase - Black Friday page
- House of Fraser - Black Friday page
Is Black Friday a good time to buy things for your home and garden?
If you’ve been looking to invest in a big-tickets item such as a new sofa or washing machine, November is the time to do it, as there are so many Black Friday home and garden deals to be found.
As long as you shop with your preferred item and brand in mind and don’t get distracted, you’ll be able to take advantage of the discounts and secure a fantastic deal for your family.
What are the best home and garden products you can buy in 2020?
Besides all the usual furniture and appliances there are a few stand-out products that really came into their own in 2020.
Electric scooters have been around for a while now, but 2020 is the year that they really crashed into the mainstream.
If you’re hoping to get your hands on one, they’re currently stocked at Argos, Halfords and Amazon and could be discounted as part of the retailers’ Black Friday home and garden deals.
This year was also a year when breadmakers, chest freezers, bicycles, exercise equipment and desks all saw surges in popularity, as the pandemic forced us to avoid public transport and gyms, and spend more time at home.
These items are still popular purchases and may also be discounted come November.
In the garden category, the Platts Horticulture Husqvarna 305 compact robotic mower was a finalist in the RHS Garden Product of the Year competition in 2020 and would be a great product to purchase, if it were in the sales.
However, since it's new, that's not likely to happen, but there are plenty of other top-rated robot lawn mowers that could be, so check out our round-up if you’re in the market for one.
The Sun UK will be keeping an eye on all the best Black Friday home and garden deals, so do check back to find out what bargains we’ve sniffed out.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
Best of Black Friday
Discover more about Black Friday and where to find all the best deals in our Black Friday explainer.
If you’re short on freezer space, you’ll enjoy our round-up of the best chest freezers to inspire you to batch cook for your family.
Or if you're interested in buying a coffee grinder, check out our review of the best coffee grinders.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.